Arty FX is a plugin bundle of artistic real-time audio effects. The aim of this plugin collection is to allow the designing of your sound just as you desired using a fast, efficient workflow. Check out each plugin below!
Bitta is a bit-crusher, with a wet dry control:
- Dry / Wet
Crush changes the amount of bits the audio is reduced to, turn it up for more genuine hip-hop drum crunch.
The Dry/Wet control allows blending of the crushed signal with the original: useful to maintain punch, but add a nice amount of grit.
Note that bitcrushing is a process that is dependant on the volume of a signal, so check that your levels are good! Quite signals are silenced when bitcrushed!
Della is a delay with feedback, and has 3 controls:
- Time Feedback controls the amount of the signal fed back into the delay line: turn it up to have that reggae crazy- dub echo that goes on forever! Volume changes the amount of the delayed signal you hear: useful to keep the delays in the background of a track. Time changes the delay-length: note that this is "quantized" to multiples of the BPM, so it "jumps" between a 1/8th note, 1/4 note, 1/2 note and whole note duration. Della picks up the BPM from the host program: so if you change tempo it will continue to stay in time!
Ducka is a side-chain envelope plugin: it is very useful for creating "pumping" basslines as often found in minimal house music. The plugin works by analysing the volume of a sidechain input, and changing the volume of a seperate stereo track, based on the amplitude of the sidechain input. Eg: if there's a kick-drum on the sidechain input, the volume of the stereo track gets reduced, until the kickdrum is over, then the stereo track is faded in again. The controls:
- Time Threshold sets the level that the input audio must reach before the stereo track gets reduced. The drop controls the amount of volume reduction that is performed. Time controls the amount of time it take before the stereo track is faded in again. Note that this control is BPM dependant, and the center is directly on the off-beats. A setting of half (its default) is generally musical :)
Filta is a lowpass and highpass filter combination. Useful to remove unwanted high and low frequencies from various recordings or instruments. The controls:
- Frequency Frequency controls what type of filtering is done, and what frequency. Lower values are lowpass filter, turning up the dial is causes highpass. (Filta will soon be made redundant by Filta2, a more powerful and versatile filter, stay tuned).
Kuiza is a 4 band equalizer. Its perfect for creatively shaping the sound of an instrument or synth. The controls (left to right):
- Low gain ( ~55 Hz)
- Low mid gain ( ~220 Hz)
- High mid gain( ~1760 Hz)
- High gain ( ~7040 Hz)
- Master gain Each of the gain controls changes the amplitude at the given frequency. The master gain can be used to reduce or amplify the overall volume if needed.
Masha is a beat grinder plugin: it records a segement of audio and plays it back as a loop, causing a "stutter" effect. The controls are:
- Time Volume changes the loudness of the stutter-loop. PassThru allows bleeding the normal signal trough. Time is a BPM dependant control that changes the loop-record and playback length. Gradually reduce this value to get that standard DJ stutter effect!
Panda is a compressor expander combo, with attack and release controls.
- Factor Threshold: the "turning point" of compression / expansion. Turning down the dial expands the signal, turning up causes compression. Attack affects the speed at which the compression/expansion starts. Generally low settings sound good, unless you need a long attack. Release changes the time for Panda to fade-out its compression/expansion. Factor controls the amount of compression/expansion performed, AKA the "maximizer" dial.
Roomy is a spacious and smooth reverb. It has three controls:
- Dry / Wet The time control changes the length of the reverb tail: higher values give will create a bigger and more spacious mix. Damping controls the high- frequency damping: lower settings gives a spacious open sound, while a high damping feels small and close. The Dry/Wet control changes the amount of reverb signal mixed in: useful for techno and trance reverb builds... just crank it right up!
Satma is a crazy distortion plugin. Useful to excite and get gritty, dirty audio. The controls:
- Tone Distortion changes the amount of signal- shaping that occurs: the overall amount of noise production. The tone control subtly varies between high-frequencies and lower frequencies, or making both equally gritty.
Vihda is a stereo-enhancer, using a mid-side matrix.
- Invert The width parameter affects the amount of stereo content in the signal. Note that the the mid-side technique only enhances stereo: it does not create it! The invert button inverts the right channel, which can cause a perceptual wider mix due to how the brain interprets audio. Try it and see if it sounds good.
1.2 Release (15-09-14)